Yuvaraj Family...

Yuvaraj Family...
A blending of two worlds...then there were 3-

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My friend, really?


On the way home, this precious lady hard at work grabbed my attention with her piercing stare. I had to stop....Paul doesn't always give in, but this time he did. She heard the word "friend" from my mouth....she looked surprised....are you, really, her eyes asked with earnestness. She seemed thankful for our exchange and loved the fact that I wanted a snap with her. God broke my heart after my short exchange with her as I wondered when I would see her again. To be a friend here in India is all together different than in the West...(in the West we have the luxury of being very choosy in our friendships so that we will not come out short, there are understood boundaries and if you miss a call, it is not a problem....you will connect at your convenience). In India between true friends-there are no limits, no boundaries and the assumed is that you will be available 24-7 to help your friend. It is a humbling calling. Is it really an offer I can make now as wife to a church planting pastor and Mommy, I consider now? Teach me, Lord! India's view of friendship sounds awfully close to the Gospel's when I think about it...."no greater love than this to lay your life down for your friend"...doesn't it? Owe no man nothing, but love! Very humbling.
God challenged my heart again, "Do you love my India?"
This morning chanting began at 2 am in a symphony of horns, bells, drums- (not with a pattern from what I could tell), and calls to a pagan god in wild worship right outside making sleep impossible as our place seemed to shake from the volume.
"How much do you love my India?" I heard my Shepherd's challenge again as I was more concerned with the fact that the three of us were missing sleep than crying out for my Lord's mercy over a thousand people lost for an eternity to the devotion of their idols just feet from our house.
I have to confess, this is a regular dialogue that goes on here with the Shepherd in my heart. "My child, how much do you "care" for these ones on their way to an eternal damnation? 'Is your heart broken, full of sorrow for the loss that breaks My own?"...
I am undone as I see my selfishness anew here in precious India. How many insane things drive me crazy in day ---truly the epitome of nuts that would drive any man to be in the center of it.....to the norm they are inconveniences, frustrations. But for the one with Kingdom eyes they are opportunities to enter into that gap, to cry out, to intercede, to be the light, to love more, to die, to become less. Let me see with your eternal eyes, my Lord!! Change my perspective into that which does not perish....let me see the thing that YOU do.
Forgive me, Lord. It seems like I am only beginning to see the tip of the ice-berg....show me YOUR view of friendship, of Christ-like friendship. Let me embrace the chances to die....to my agenda, to my understanding, to my goals for the day as I embrace Your Kingdom agenda.
Teach me, Great Lover of mankind to love like You. Selflessly, all-accepting. May Christ feel so at home in my heart that if HE were here in the flesh, (again....just for a friendly visit), my place was the first stop of His heart's desire...just to come, sup with me. Chai with my Lord. Let me be the friend Christ Himself desires.

must run there is a cute little Indian family banging at my door...this will be interesting as they don't look like they know any English....and Paul is not here  Let the fun begin! Always happy when I can post before I lose power!! Thank You, Lord!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Dear Molly,

    Thank you so much for your beautiful and descriptive posts. It allows us to journey to India with you. I am overwhelmed with what you are experiencing just reading it and can only imagine being there in person. You are a true saint and God is encouraging you and teaching you so much it is amazing. Your posts remind me once again how vital our prayers are for your and Paul's ministry. I feel blessed to know you and to be able to support you through my prayers to the One and Only Holy God the Father.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you my dear sister! I love reading your blog! keep posting when you have time! Praying for you and hubby and baby! May the Lord surround you with HIS grace and strength and wrap you in HIS arms of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your posts! So wonderful to be able to read about your ministry--God is using you 2 for such a great work! Praise be to Him! Just posted your blog on my facebook and asked for old cell phones! Love you! -Pauline

    ReplyDelete