Yuvaraj Family...

Yuvaraj Family...
A blending of two worlds...then there were 3-

Monday, March 1, 2010

February special

Little one is here!! In our arms, at last.

I am becoming the kind of mom I never thought I would be! The absolute spoiler...not able to bear it when he cries, hardly putting him down, feeding
baby at his every whim.....this madness has got to stop! I am going to make things
impossible for service back in India as babe is learning to be the boss! :)

He sleeps looking like an angel now and a thousand things I have to do, (and finally can!), run through my mind as he makes his little sweet sighs.....My great battle--
do I rest when baby does or finally tackle my list that's been growing since before labor began!

Paul is now at my brother, Matt's place down the road doing our wash. I have been reveling in God's grace over us, giving us our condo and space just in the nick of time! The church bells ringing in the distance just down Central Ave along with the palm branches waving in my bedroom window have been special extras of His grace as I have laid in bed healing, waiting on Him, loving my baby the last 3 weeks.

It's all been a whirl-wind of a culture shock for my man---in who's culture
Mom and dad and siblings take over and share all your duties with new baby. Usually you move back in with parents. Here in the West the Daddy's are the Hero! If you are so lucky. Paul has jumped in head first with no turning back.....not a complain from my man who sets up his little man caves with baby to give mom a little sleep in the wee hours. They are very content and pleased with each other.

The Love Factor that enthralls us, that keeps us captivated by every little sound and grimace is God's great weapon of choice connecting us to the constant care of our offspring! "Oh, what a face, look at you, little lover....." Oh, I know, Honey, he is so precious.....wait--IS THAT CLOCK OFF ??? Is it really 2:45 am.??!"
True Event! Without this great love effect that sweeps in and literally takes your life by storm--I don't think our babies would get the tender loving care they need to grow and thrive into loving adults with hearts after God and givers in society!

The greatest responsibility ever handed down to Paul and I should terrify us--molding the very view of God for the life of our baby boy.....but rather there is a holy fear, a recognition of our complete and utter dependence on God just like in all other areas of life and a quiet excitement that just sort of bubbles beneath the surface when considering God gave this duty to us!! To us sinful people, to shape our child's faith and prepare Him to reign with Christ in eternity.
This is awe awakening.
We are just only setting our toes in the water....discovering what parenting is.
The gift, the work, the joy, the heart aches...so much ahead.
We are in for the long-hall.

Lord, awaken in us the pure desire to know YOU!
To be among the ones who See You in all--who are true
worshipers in spirit and in truth
through all tasks and silent breaks between the cries and the diaper changes.
Awaken, Lord of Hosts--an unquenchable thirst for Your Word!
Ripen our hearts with greater hunger for You.
Purge away from me, Father every carnal desire and gravity towards
the world--for friendship therein is death--is the enemy of You.
May I be one Spirit with You, my Lord!
Jehovah--You are altogether Worthy and True and GLorious!
I confess that YOU alone are Lord and beside You there is no
other--on earth or in heaven above.

let us be the ones who adore Your Name above food and drink
and all. Even my Lord, above this sweetest adoration you've
filled our hearts with in granting this first fruit.
May we cherish Your Name most, may the role that You have
given us only propel us on the truest devotion we have
ever known.
Purify my heart, oh Lord and remove all that
is filth and self-serving, all that would lust for comforts
and ease, and independence and privacy.
Purge away this dross that will keep my son from seeing Your
True Self.
This is the cry of my heart.....that just as Paul, my
covering in this life was lead to Your heart through
the purity and righteousness of his mother--may my honest
walk before YOU in our home, in our church, in our public
life awaken in Isaiah sincere longings for YOU.
May my love and devotion to YOUR Word first cause our boy to be
a man who keeps his word, who protects the poor, who
fights for truth, for justice, who seeks YOUR face above
all other pursuits in life.
May our Love for one another, for the Gospel, give Isaiah
William a love for both our countries, a passion for the lost
and a fire in his heart to handle the sword valiantly as
an Advocate of Your honor and Kingdom wherever the soles of his
feet shall tread.

Thank you for this blessed life. May we be faithful, Holy
Father. May we be quick to catch each other, to walk in the
spirit in the secret places, to abide with You in every corner
of our minds.
May You alone have the preeminence.

In Jesus' Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment